80sfashionworld.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
The denim jacket has been through many style reincarnations, with arguably the most memorable being the boxy, roomy, acid-washed styles of the 1980s.
If the garish aesthetic of the 80s isn’t your thing but you want to try the denim jacket, you’ve landed at the right place. We’ve curated a collection of ultimate ways to style the classic jean jacket for various occasions, seasons, and style preferences.
The truth is, a good denim jacket goes with almost anything, from feminine skirts to leather pants. Whatever you pair it with, the trusty jean jacket adds a certain nonchalant, cool appeal to any look.
The classic: white shirt, high-waisted pants, and a panama hat
Celebrity inspiration: Australian beauty Miranda Kerr is an expert at styling denim as part of her effortless everyday looks. She’s often seen in skinny or flared jeans, a basic shirt or tee, and ankle boots.
One of our favourite Miranda looks features the one and only denim jacket, paired with black skinny jeans, a white linen shirt, and a neutral-toned fedora. This is the perfect go-to look for everyday casual-cool wear with a modern, chic attitude.
- You can’t go wrong with plain black jeans in either a skinny or straight cut depending on your proportions and comfort preference
- Look for fresh white linen shirts in a long-line style to reach slightly below the hemline of the jacket for a layered, easy look
- Any blue denim jacket works for this look, especially those that are slightly more structured to give a hint of shape
- To make it more night-friendly, swap your boots for heels and throw a bold color on the lip with an extra slick of highlight on the skin
- If you can’t go without color or pattern, accessorize the look with an animal-print hat or vibrant-toned leather ankle booties
- If the day heats up, wear the jacket slung over your shoulders, shawl-style, or tie it around your waist
Best Turtleneck Outfits And How To Accessorise Them
The Best Mini-Skirt Outfits and How to Accessorise Them
The eclectic: bright skirt, graphic tee, and heels
Celebrity inspiration: take a look through images of Beyonce’s street or casual event style and you’ll notice a trend of bright colors, bold prints, and mixed patterns.
She’s been known to rock a vibrant pencil skirt with a graphic tee like no other (of course, she’s Beyonce!). Take a note from Queen B’s style book and pair your denim jacket with a bright pencil skirt, tee, and sky-high heels.
- When on the search for the perfect skirt, aim for a brave combination of texture, print, and color with multi-colored florals or abstract patterns and embellishments
- Pair the skirt with a clashing tee, preferably a worn-in style with a graphic print or text. Tuck the tee into the skirt, either all the way round or with a simple French tuck at the side
- Add more pop with a metallic or embellished belt to cinch the waist
- To keep the silhouette clean and classic, opt for a structured denim jacket with a slightly cinched waist and cropped hemline
- Pair with heeled sandals, pumps, or ankle boots
- Finish off by wearing a bright matte lip, sunglasses, and the luxe glint of gold earrings
The 1970s triple denim: flared jeans, denim shirt, and tan boots
Celebrity inspiration: this look isn’t for the faint of heart, and it requires a hefty dose of fashion bravery. The Hadid sisters are leading the decade with their uncanny ability to make denim on denim on denim look phenomenal.
Never fear, you don’t need to be a 10-foot supermodel with perfect pins to rock the denim jacket-meets-denim pants-meets-denim shirt look! Time to tap into your 1970s goddess inner selves, ladies.
Madonna just made denim on denim so in and its still in now!
- High-rise, flared or straight jeans in a pale or indigo blue hue are most flattering for most body types. They elongate the legs and comfortably accommodate a tucked-in shirt
- Choose a fitted denim shirt in a light wash and tuck it neatly into the jeans for a streamlined silhouette
- Layer a structured denim jacket over the top, aiming for a cut that slightly cinches at the waist, cuts a clean shoulder, and ends at the hip
- Cut through the denim by adding a tan leather belt, heeled ankle boots for height, and a tan leather cross-body bag
- Add soft waves to your hair, bronzer and gloss your skin, add oversized sunglasses and go!
Leave a Reply