80sfashionworld.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Mom jeans are some of the coolest pieces of denim that have ever hit women fashion, although they tend to be underestimated.
No look cannot be improved with a pair of mom jeans. From oversize blazers to simple shirts, mom jeans will always freshen up your style and make it look more contemporary and dynamic.
Here, we have picked some of the best ideas and outfits you can wear to rock your mom jeans. They are perfect in any season and can be completely personalised based on your preferences.
- What Are Mom Fit Jeans?
- Textured Coats
- Mixed Prints
- How do you wear mom jeans?
- What body types look good in mom jeans?
- Are mom jeans still in style 2021?
- What jeans are in style for 2021?
- Do mom jeans look good on everyone?
- Relaxed Shirts
- Oversized Blazers
- Embrace the Rocker Look
- Trench Coats
- Rock Your Coolest T-Shirt
- Black Tee
- Your Best Look
- Update Your Office Look
- Crop Tops
What Are Mom Fit Jeans?
Mom jeans usually consist of a high waist which raises just above the navel. This makes your lower body appear longer, larger, and flatter. As you can imagine, mom jeans might not suit all body types, since they fit baggy all over. However, the best way to find out if they’re right for you is to try a few pairs of denim and experiment with different looks.
As a general rule, mom jeans leave a lot of excess space in the crotch, leg, and zipper areas. they are usually in a light-blue colour, although darker shades are also available.
If you like mom jeans style but you want to try different shapes, you can also try some boyfriends fit jeans. They are very similar to mom jeans, although they fit a bit looser on the crotch area and leave more space on the legs.
Based on your body shape, mom fit can highlight your curves and make you look taller and thinner. When worn with heeled shoes, they can also elongate your figure.
Textured coats are some of the best pieces of outerwear you can use in the wintertime to create a bold outfit. To style them with your mom jeans, you can wear either:
- A short, structured coat in nude shades
- A mid or long teddy coat
Don’t forget some matching shoes!
The best thing about mom jeans is that they are pretty versatile and can blend perfectly with any style. If you want to put a bold outfit together, you can:
- Mix and match different textures. For example, polka dots or animalier patterns.
- Choose a statement piece and keep the rest of your outfit simple.
- Use your mom jeans to focus all the attention on your best piece.
How do you wear mom jeans?
There is no perfect way to wear mom jeans. Since they are versatile just like any other piece of denim, they can be rocked with every outfit in any season. Just make sure to avoid oversized pieces, especially if you want to make your figure look thinner.
What body types look good in mom jeans?
Mom jeans sit on your waist instead of your hips. This means that they accentuate your bum and lower body while shrinking your waist. These jeans are a great choice for hourglass figures and peared body shapes, as they create the illusion of curves.
Are mom jeans still in style 2021?
Mom jeans have been trending on social media and among celebrities over the past few years, and they will surely continue to be a hot piece for the next foreseeable future. This means you can have fun and style them every day, and always be trendy!
What jeans are in style for 2021?
Jeans are a timeless piece, meaning that it is difficult to pick up just a few styles each year. Generally, all jeans are always in style at any time, since they are very versatile and can be adapted to all fashion trends. This is the magic of jeans!
Do mom jeans look good on everyone?
Mom jeans don’t necessarily look good on everyone. In fact, you should always base your garments on your body shapes. For example, mom jeans can look flattering on pear-shaped girls, but might not be the best options if you want to conceal your lower body curves.
The idea behind mom jeans is to wear a comfortable yet stylish piece of clothing. To make sure you embody this principle, you can combine the following:
- Your favourite pair of mom jeans
- A long, oversized relaxed Oxford shirt. This will make you look comfortable but never underdressed!
- Some matching accessories, depending on the occasion.
Oversized blazers are always a good choice to make your look smarter, but not too formal. They are also a cute piece of outerwear for your summer evenings. Our words of advice:
- Playing with oversize pieces is funny, but keep in mind that your silhouette should always be balanced.
- Add a lighter piece of accessories, such as some cute shoes, to make the outfit more dynamic.
Embrace the Rocker Look
Freshen your mom jeans look up by adding some punk rocker pieces. For example, you can match a leather jacket and a pair of Texan work boots with your mom jeans, to give your overall look a different and bolder vibe.
No outfit can be completed without a nice cardigan. For a go-to look which is perfect on any occasion, we recommend:
- Your mom jeans
- A cute and simple top, sleeveless or with long sleeves depending on the weather
- A relaxed and matching cardigan. Feel free to play with bold or contrasting colours and textures!
Trench coats are cute, stylish, and keep you warm. More importantly, they look wonderful with a pair of mom jeans and will make any outfit immediately more modern and dynamic. If you are looking for a perfect combo, then add a pair of pointed-toe heels.
Rock Your Coolest T-Shirt
Who says that T-shirts are boring? Even the dullest tops can immediately look better when paired with some mom jeans. The combination of these two pieces will create a simple yet timeless look, that is perfect on any occasion. You can then personalise it even more by playing with different shoes and accessories.
There’s no better combination than black and white. However, if you want to add a touch of colour and style, then your pair of mom jeans will come in handy. They are the coolest piece to give your look a different twist.
Your Best Look
Mom jeans in dark shades are some of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can have in your wardrobe. For example, they can be the core of your next autumn look if you add:
- A cute knitwear. Whether it is oversized or cropped, a good texture will enhance your silhouette when matched with some mom jeans.
- Some cute shoes. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles and patterns!
Update Your Office Look
Ready to bring your mom jeans with you everywhere, including your office? For a comfortable, stylish but a bit laid-back look, you can combine the following:
- A printed sweater or top
- Your favourite blazer
- A cool pair of mom jeans
- Some matching shoes
Cropped tops are perfect when it comes to creating the perfect summer-y and laid-back look. We recommend:
- If you want your mom jeans to be your statement piece, opt for a plain top, in neutral shades.
- Avoid big bags or other huge accessories. When it comes to crop tops, the secret is to keep the whole look minimal and simple.
- Match your shoes with your top for a balanced look.
Other Articles You May Interested In